The EU has introduced the General Data Protection Regulation, (GDPR) which takes effect May 25, 2018.
The EU GDPR is a law designed to enhance data protection for EU residents and provide a consolidated framework to guide business usage of personal data across the EU. The GDPR also extends beyond the EU and may have implications for your organization if:
- Your company offers goods or services to individuals that are residents of the EU (i.e. EU residents on work visas/business travel to Canada)
- Your company monitors / shares any data about employees from the EU
- Your company has employees in the EU on work assignments
The GDPR comes with significant penalties for non-compliance - fines up to 20,000,000 EUR
What You Will Learn
- The GDPR “Principles” – and what they mean for international relocation services
- How privacy rights for assignees have been enhanced
- How RMCs are implementing the GDPR
- The practical implications for relocation companies and suppliers in Canada
About Gordon Kerr
Gordon Kerr is a British lawyer, based in Edinburgh, Scotland, who specialises in the legal and tax issues which impact on relocation businesses. Formerly the MD of Team Relocations, Gordon uses his relocation industry background to provide legal guidance and training which recognises the practical challenges facing relocation firms. Gordon is legal adviser to EuRA and author of the EuRA Guides to Legal Compliance and to the GDPR. He also writes the Legal & Tax Report in The EuRApean.
Thursday, June 7, 2018
11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT / 16:00 - 17:00 GMT
CERC Members: $25.00 plus taxes
Non-CERC Members: $35.00 plus taxes
Course materials will be all provided in electronic format.
Thank you to our Sponsor
Weichert Relocation Resources Inc.
Webinar connection codes will follow in a separate email (please allow time for registration processing at CERC office).