Group 3: What incentives could be offered to encourage Canadians
Group 3: What incentives could be offered to encourage Canadians (including low-income, underemployed or unemployed people) to move for work?
Employers/employee incentives may include the following:
- Student loan “flexibility”
- Relationships with education facilities
- Program alignment with industry.
- Increase the attractiveness to young people, youth and those willing to work make a connection with them to build and improve career growth by moving to remote locations.
- Remove provincial barriers such as licences and designation processes, these are barriers for those with the skills to be able to move to remote locations or inter-provincially for jobs.
- Improve and build long term relations with employer and employees who work remotely.
- Improve employee-employer contract issues short vs. long term employee contracts for work.